GENDER INEQUALITY IN THE SYSTEM OF SOCIAL AND LABOR RELATIONS: PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS FOR OVERCOMING
Keywords:discrimination, gender, gender stereotypes, gender gap
The purpose of the article is to study the problem of gender inequality in the system of social and labor relations, to determine the prospects for ensuring equal rights and opportunities in the labor market. A statistical analysis of the main indicators of gender inequality in the labor markets of Ukraine and other countries of the world has been carried out, it has been established that until now there is a stereotyped perception of the social role of a woman by society, which causes her high load of unpaid work and creates additional barriers in the system of social and labor relations. An algorithm for calculating the index of gender equality in the labor market using the method of taxonomic analysis has been proposed. The given approach involves the generalization of partial indicators of gender equality and provides the possibility for a consolidated assessment of the level of overcoming gender stereotypes in the system of social and labor relations. The results of the integrated assessment according to the proposed methodology can serve as a basis for operational monitoring and determination of priority directions for further work to prevent and overcome the consequences of gender discrimination. A generalized cause-and-effect model of gender inequality in the domestic system of social and labor relations has been built. A brief overview of state measures aimed at overcoming the gender gap and ensuring equal rights of all citizens on the way to personal and professional realization has been carried out. Methods of statistical analysis, comparison, methods of analysis and synthesis, graphic method were used to achieve the goal of the research. It has been established that Ukraine implements measures to overcome gender stereotypes in all spheres and at all levels of social relations, in particular, work is underway to strengthen the legal foundation of equal rights and opportunities for all citizens, regardless of their gender identity. Ensuring gender equality in all areas of social life, in particular, in social and labor relations, requires further development and implementation of measures to destroy stereotyped perceptions of the social roles of men and women, to overcome all manifestations of gender discrimination and stereotyping.
- Prokopovych-Pavliuk, I. V., Panchyshyn, T. V., & Marets, O. R. (2021). Study of the labor market of Ukraine: gender aspects. Infrastruktura rynku, 54, 201-207. http://www.marketinfr.od.ua/journals/2021/54_2021/34.pdf https://doi.org/10.32843/infrastruct54-32 [in Ukrainian].
- Kotykova, O. I., Krylova, I. H., & Popeskul, A. P. (2018). Gender aspects of the labor market in Ukraine. Hlobalni ta natsionalni problemy ekonomiky, 22, 190-196 [in Ukrainian].
- Hots, A. A. (2017). Manifestations of discrimination in the labor market of Ukraine: a sociological analysis. Hrani, 20(11), 70-75 [in Ukrainian].
- Rymar, B. A. (2016). To the issue of gender discrimination in the labor market. Derzhava ta rehiony. Seriia «Pravo», 4 (54), 42-46 [in Ukrainian].
- Kis’, Z., & Sheremet, S. (2007). Problems of discrimination: legal aspects, international experience, Ukrainian realities. Kyiv: Vseukr. Blagotvor. Fond «Koaliciya VICh-servisnyh organizacij» [in Russian].
- Discrimination (Employment and Occupation) Convention (as revised on 24.06.1975). https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_161#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Law of Ukraine On the Principles of Preventing and Combating Discrimination in Ukraine, № 5207-VI of 30.05.2014. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5207-17#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Tyshchenko, Yu., Ivasiv, O. & Dubyna, S. (2021). Management of employees: workbook. Yu. Tyshchenko (Ed.). Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Law of Ukraine On Ensuring Equal Rights and Opportunities for Women and Men, № 2866-IV of 07.01.2018. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2866-15#Text [in Ukrainian].
- Kimmel, Maikl S. (2003). Gender Sustainability (S. Alyoshkina, Trans.). Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo «Sfera» [in Ukrainian].
- Saienko, O. S. (2020). Gender discrimination of women: doctrinal and constitutionallegal aspects. Pravova derzhava, 37, 57-64 https://doi.org/10.18524/2411-2054.2020.37.201513 [in Ukrainian].
- Kyselova, O. (Ed.) (2012). Analytical report “Gender policy of the European Union in Ukraine”. https://ua.boell.org/sites/default/files/lsi_gender_analyse_ukr.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Global Gender Gap Report 2021. Insight report. (March 2021). World economic forum. https://www3.weforum.org/docs/ WEF_GGGR_2021.pdf
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2022). http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Gender Statistics. The World Bank (2022). https://databank.worldbank.org/source/ gender-statistics#
- Unece (2022). https://w3.unece.org/PXWeb/en
- The Ministry of Health canceled the document on professional discrimination against women (2018). Ministry of Health of Ukraine. https://moz.gov.ua/article/news/mozskasuvav-dokument-schodo-profesijnoi-diskriminacii-zhinok [in Ukrainian].
- Gender equality (2022). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. https://ukrstat.gov.ua/gend_ rivnist/menu_gr.html [in Ukrainian].
- UN Security Council Resolution 1325 “Women, Peace, Security” (2022). https://nssu.gov. ua/genderna-rivnist/rezolyuciya-radi-bezpeki-oon-1325 [in Ukrainian].
- International documents ratified by Ukraine on ensuring equal rights and opportunities for women and men (2022). https://www.minregion.gov.ua/about/politika-gendernoyirivnosti/genderne-zakonodavstvo/mizhnarodne-zakonodavstvo/ [in Ukrainian].
- National review of the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action (1995) and the final documents of the twenty-third special session of the UN General Assembly (2000) in the context of the twentieth anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women and the adoption of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action in 2015 (2022). https://www.mil.gov.ua/content/gender/Pekinska%20deklaracia. pdf [in Ukrainian].
- The Ministry of Regions approved the Gender Equality Strategy for 2021-2023 (2022). Ministry for Communities and Territories Development of Ukraine. https://www. minregion.gov.ua/press/news/u-minregioni-zatverdyly-strategiyu-gendernoyi-rivnostina-2021-2023-roky/ [in Ukrainian].
- The Ministry of Economy initiates the reduction of the gender gap in salaries (2021). Ministry of Economy of Ukraine. https://www.me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id= c14f1962-0376-4426-a1d4-cfa0e8d16b43&title=MinekonomikiInitsiiuZmenshenniaGen dernogoRozrivuVZarplatakh [in Ukrainian].
- Petchenko, M. V., & Romanusha, Yu. V. (2020). Conceptual provisions of the formation of gender equality in the field of higher education. Economic and Law Paradigm of Modern Society. 2, 33-48. Banská Bystrica [in Ukrainian].
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Марина Петченко, Ольга Глазунова, Вікторія Гиренко, Тарас Литиовченко
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.