INNOVATIVE SOCIAL WORK PRACTICES FOR VULNERABLE GROUPS OF THE POPULATION IN UKRAINE
Keywords:social work, innovative practices, case management, integrated social services
This article is devoted to the issues of formation and functioning of innovative social work practices in Ukraine. Its purpose is to highlight the best examples of innovative social work practices for vulnerable groups in the country and to analyze the possibilities for their further application. The relevance of the study, on the one hand, is conditioned by the humanization of approaches to building relationships between the individual and the social protection system, the appearance at the state level of the requirements for the quality of social services, which are reflected in the activities of social services, creating certain new models of work with socially vulnerable groups of citizens, and on the other hand it is conditioned by the severity and unresolvedness of a number of social problems related to the social protection of vulnerable populations. Such general scientific methods as generalization and analogies logical analysis are used for realization of the purpose. Innovative practices are practices in the field of social work practices for vulnerable groups, which have emerged as new ways of meeting the urgent needs of social service clients and aiming to achieve the most effective result both in solving the problems of individuals in need and social problems in general. The author proposes the algorithm for the formation of innovative social work practice, which covers all stages from the identification of the need for such practice to the beginning of the functioning of an innovative practice. It is found that case management and integrated social services are the most widespread among innovative practices in the field of social work in Ukraine. The article analyzes the specifics of both innovative practices and identifies and justifies the ways of their further development. Both practices have proven their eff activeness and flexibility in solving specific social problems, and therefore the possibilities of their application (including in the newly created territorial communities) are expected to be expand in the future. Combined, these practices are able to ensure the high efficiency of the domestic social service delivery system.
- Makarova, O.V. & Cherenko, L.M. (2016). Social services for the families with children: new challenges and areas of the improvement. Th e global and national problems of eco- nomic, 10, 697-700 [in Ukrainian].
- Novikov, V.N. (2014). Improving fi nancing of social infrastructure on the basis of new budgetary technologies. Demography and social economy, 1, 121-132. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2014.01.12 [in Russian].
- Barker, R. (2003). Th e social work dictionary. Washington. DC: NAWS Press.
- Vanderplasschen, W., Wolf, J., Rapp, R. & Broekaert, E.( 2007). Eff ectiveness of Diff e rent Models of Case Management for Substance-Abusing Populations. Journal of Psychoactive Drugs, 39(1), 81-95. https://doi.org/10.1080/02791072.2007.10399867
- Savchuk, O.M. & Galay A.A. (2016). Case-management in work with internally displaced persons.Scientifi c notes of NaUKMA. Pedagogical, psychological sciences and social work, Vol. 188, 70-74 [in Ukrainian].
- Pattoni, L. (2012). Strengths-based approaches for working with individuals Insights. Institute for research and innovation in social services, Vol. 16, 45-54.
- Zvereva, I. D. & Petrochko, Zh. V. (Eds.). (2007). Integrated social services: theory, prac- tice, innovation: Educational and methodical complex. Kyiv: Phoenix [in Ukrainian].
- Kucher, H. (2016). Creating an optimal model of social services in the community un- der decentralization (based on Uman). Social Work and Education, Vol. 3, 2, 15-25 [in Ukrainian].
- Popyk, Yu. Organization of Integrated Social Services in Territorial Communities (2016). Scientifi c Bulletin of Uzhgorod National University. Series: Pedagogy. Social work, 2, 193-196 [in Ukrainian].
- Svitlychna, T.V. (2009). Development of integrated social services as an innovative model of providing social services to the population. State Construction, 1 [in Ukrainian].
- Kabachenko, N. (Eds.). (2006). Innovative models of social services. Projects of the Uk- rainian Social Investment Fund. Kyiv: VIPOL [in Ukrainian].
- Shkuratova, N. (Eds.). (2007). Innovative models of social services. Projects of the Ukrai- nian Social Investment Fund.Vol, 2. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Shkuratova, N. (Eds.). (2007). Innovative models of social services. Projects of the Ukrai- nian Social Investment Fund. Vol. 3. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Zvonar, V.P. (2009). Features of social order implementation in Ukraine as a model of public-private partnership (based on Volyn region materials). Problems of increase of effi ciency of functioning of enterprises of diff erent forms of ownership, Vol. 1, 2, 117-128 [in Ukrainian].
- Gusak, N. E. (2015). Case management of internally displaced persons: guidelines. Kyiv [in Ukraine].
- NASW Standards for Social Work Case Managemen (2013). https://www.socialworkers. org/LinkClick.aspx?fi leticket=acrzqmEfh lo%3D&portalid=0
- Strengths-Based Case Management: A Manual for HIV-Positive Women Working as Peer Case Managers (2013). http://sgdwebsites.com/clients/wHealth/wp-content/uploads/2013/ 09/wHEALTH-Manual-FINAL.pdf
- Practices of community initiatives (2015). Assistance and support for internally displaced persons in Ukraine. Kyiv. UNDP Project “Responsive to the Social and Economic Needs of IDPs in Ukraine” [in Ukrainian].
- EU project “Development of integrated social services for vulnerable families and children”. Performance report for the period December 29, 2006 (2007). http://archive.p4ec.org.ua/ upload/library/pdf/Progress%20Report_eng.rar [in Ukrainian].
- Th e Ministry of Social Policy discussed the modernization of the system of social support for the population (2018). https://decentralization.gov.ua/news/9216 [in Ukrainian].
- Establishment of a network of administrative service centers in the format “Transparent Offi ce” (2018). https://assogu.org.ua/stvorennya-merezhi-tsentriv-nadannya-administratyvnyh- poslug-u-formati-prozoryj-ofi s/ [in Ukrainian].
- An integrated system of social services is being implemented in Odessa (2019). https://www. omr.gov.ua/ua/news/217091 [in Ukrainian].
- Decision of the City Council “On approval of the Program for providing integrated social services on family, children and youth, prevention of domestic violence and combating tra- ffi cking in human beings for 2018-2020” from 29.11.2017 No 34 / 12 (2017). Lutsk. https:// www.lutskrada.gov.ua/documents/pro-zatverdzhennya-programy-nadannya-integrovanyh- socialnyh-poslug-z-pytan-simyi-ditey [in Ukrainian].
- 12 communities will start implementing the integrated social services model (2018). http:// www.p4ec.org.ua/en/news_article/1296 [in Ukrainian].
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.