DEVELOPMENT OF MODERN CHINESE METROPOLISES
Keywords:globalization, concentration, megapolis, megalopolis, special economic zones, social infrastructure, decomposition method
The article is devoted to the problems of the development of modern Chinese cities, which describes the development of large Chinese cities in the 20th and 21st centuries, analyzes contemporary problems and the conditions for their formation in the near future. The purpose of the article is to show the dynamic development of the largest and most important modern cities in China and the problems that arise in connection with their development. Novelty — first in the periodical literature describes the development of megacities as a rational option for the territorial organization of urban areas. The methodological basis of the article consists of historical-logical and complex approach, tabular and graphical methods of presenting research results. In the 80s, the first special economic zones were created. His process was characterized by the introduction of elements of the free market, the decollectization of agriculture, changes in the sectoral structure of the economy and its rationalization. A prolonged concentration of the population in large cities of China causes their further expansion and the formation of large metropolitan clusters — megacities. Given the development of the Chinese economy, it should be understood that its participation in international exchange, despite notable progress, still too small; expansion in world markets occurs with low quality and, as a result, with low prices for Chinese goods; China’s growing position in the global economy is predominantly quantitative rather than qualitative. To consolidate China as one of the leaders in the process of economic globalization, it is important to ensure the effective management of such large centers of concentration of human and material resources as megacities. In this regard, much attention is paid to the analysis of trends and the conditions for the further development of Chinese cities. It is determined that in 20-25 years, more than 1,000,000,000 Chinese citizens will live in large cities. Th e process of converting them into a new modified form, megalopolises, will continue. Th e factors that will influence the development of modern megacities, and the set of internal processes for their further development (political, social, economic, ethnic, religious and environmental) that require some structuring are identified. Th e negative aspects of urbanization were identified: growing income inequality and a deterioration in population structure. To overcome these phenomena, restructuring of the regional economy and measures to overcome inequality are considered useful, where preference is given to income distribution mechanisms depending on the quality of labor, stimulation of social responsibility of employers and others. Th is assessment of China’s demographic policy is aimed at improving family planning.
- Maksimov, C.N., Semenenko, V.V. (2012). Osobennosti i problemyi razvitiya sov re men- nyih megapolisov. Problemyi sovremennoy ekonomiki, 2, 352-355. https://cyberleninka. ru/article/n/osobennosti-i-problemy-razvitiya-sovremennyh-megapolisov. [in Russian].
- Burov, V. (2019). Kitaijskoij Narodnoij Resbublike 70 let. Svobodnaya mysl’, 5, 5-9 [in Russian].
- Kolodko, G. (2018). Czy Chiny zbawią świat? Wyd. Pruszyński i S-ka. Warszawa. [in Ukrainian].
- Dembichka, D. (2013). Reformy Deng Xiaopinga i ich wpływ na gospodarkę współczesnych Chin. „Pisma Humanistyczne” [in Ukrainian].
- Bozhik, P. (2018). Czy chiński juan zastąpi dolara. Przegląd. [in Ukrainian].
- Chiny (2006). Wyd. Mediaprofi t. Warszawa [in Ukrainian].
- Hu, B. (2018). Th e Belt and Road Initiative and the Tranformation of Globalization. Distinguished Lectures Series, 26. Kozminski University. Warsaw. http://www.tiger.edu.pl/ english/publikacje/dist.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Świstow, A. (2016). Laowai w wielkim mieście. Zapiski z Chin. National Geography Society.
- Schutte, H.W. (2008). Chiny. Baedeker. Wyd. Pascal.
- O’Sullivan, A. (2003). Urban Economics. New York.
- Megolopolis ( 2018). https: //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalopolis
- Sirojć, Z. (2017). Problemy zarzadzania współczesną metropolią. Studia Społeczne, 1, 5-9 [in Ukrainian].
- Sirojć, Z. (2017). Metropolizacja jako ekonomiczny i przestrzenny wyraz globalizacji. Zeszyty Naukowe Uczelni Warszawskiej im. Marii Skłodowskiej - Curie, 2, 9-27 [in Ukrainian].
- Goroda bez budushchego (2020). Commercial Property. https://commercialproperty.ua/ cp-articles/goroda-bez-budushchego/ [in Russian].
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Здіслав Сіройч, Валерій Новіков
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.