URBAN PROCESSES IN UKRAINE IN THE CONTEXT OF HOUSING AND DEMOGRAPHIC CHANGE
Keywords:demographic processes, urbanization, housing construction, housing needs, population, rural areas
It is substantiated within the article that the course of urban processes, high level of mortality, migration, income differentiation of the population of Ukraine affects housing construction, housing sector, as the number of urban residents is declining more slowly than the number of residents of small cities, villages and settlements due to a lower level of natural population decline and migratory growth, stimulating the demand for housing in cities. The purpose of the article is to systematize the factors of interaction of housing construction, demographic and urban processes in Ukraine, and substantiate the corrective measures of housing policy to prevent the negative effects of urbanization. The scheme of the impact of the processes of urbanization, natural increase of the population of the need satisfaction for habitation on housing construction is developed. In the process of using the questionnaire method, it is substantiated that the level of satisfaction of needs (including housing needs) in rural areas is much lower than in the city. The study made it possible to conclude that with declining incomes of population, sales of country houses are declining; studio-apartments and one-and two-bedroom apartments are beginning to be in greater demand in new buildings. It is determined that meeting the need for housing involves solving such tasks as: increasing the volume of housing construction, reducing the failing housing stock, carrying out quality overhaul of housing, development of the mortgage market and rental market, etc. Measures to stimulate housing construction and housing repair as a corrective factor in the equalization of urban processes in Ukraine in order to reduce the environmental burden on megapolis, cities, as well as equalizing the level of population density in Ukraine are developed. It is argued that within the program of social responsibility of construction business, it is advisable to stimulate construction companies, to repair failing housing at the state level with the establishment of standards individually for rural and urban areas with the active use of legal, financial instruments, state subsidies to developers, who implement projects on the development of urban and rural areas to reimburse the costs of repairs, redevelopment of failing housing.
1. Analiz derzhavnykh stratehichnykh dokumentiv Ukrayiny shchodo vrakhuvannya adaptovanykh dlya Ukrayiny Tsiley Staloho Rozvytku do 2030 roku: Analitychna dopovid’ [Analysis of state strategic documents of Ukraine to take into account the Sustainable Development Goals for 2030 adapted to Ukraine: Analytical report] (2017).
Kiev: Instytut suspil’no-ekonomichnykh doslidzhen’. 84 p. [in Ukrainian].
2. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrayiny [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2007/ds/nas_rik/nas_u/ nas_rik_u.html; [in Ukrainian].
3. Cheren’ko, L. M., Polyakova, S. V., Shyshkin, V. S., Zayats’, V. S., Kohat’ko, Yu. L., & Vasyl’yev, O. A. et al. (2020). Zhytlovi umovy naselennya: chynnyky, suchasnyy stan i polityka rehulyuvannya [Housing conditions of the population: factors, current state and regulatory policy]. NAN Ukrayiny, Instytut demohrafi yi ta sotsial’nykh doslidzhen’ im. M. V. Ptukhy. Electronic edition, Kiev [in Ukrainian].
4. Zayat’s, V. S. (2019). Rozvytok zhytlovoho budivnytstva yak faktor formuvannya zhytlovykh umov naselennya [Development of housing construction as a factor in the formation of living conditions of the population]. Demohrafi ya ta sotsial’na polityka - Demography and social economy, 2 (36), 137-151. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2019.02.137 [in Ukrainian].
5. Kychko, I. I. (2012). Metodychni pytannya zabezpechennya potreby v zhytli [Methodical issues of housing needs]. Formuvannya rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukrayini - Formation of market relations in Ukraine, 4, 92-100 [in Ukrainian].
6. Kychko, I. I. (2006). Elementy systemnoho pidkhodu do upravlinnya ta finansuvannya sotsial’noyi sfery [Elements of a systematic approach to the management and financing of the social sphere]. Ukrayina: aspekty pratsi - Ukraine: aspects of work, 2, 17-21 [in Ukrainian].
7. Kohat’ko, Yu. L. (2019). Polipshennya zhytlovykh umov naselennya Ukrayiny: otsinka, potreby [Improving the living conditions of the population of Ukraine: assessment, needs]. Demohrafi ya ta sotsial’na ekonomika - Demography and social economy, 4 (38), 86-102. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2019.04.086 [in Ukrainian].
8. Lapach, S. N., & Chubenko, A. V. (2002). Statistika v nauke i biznese [Statistics in science and business]. Kiev: MORION. 639 p. [in Russian].
9. Novikov, V. M. (2018). Udoskonalennya finansuvannya zhytlovoho budivnytstva [Improving the financing of housing construction]. Demohrafiya ta sotsial’na polityka – Demography and social economy, 3 (34), 86-99. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2018.03.086 [in Ukrainian].
10. Obykhod, H. O., & Boyko, V. V. (2019). Ahlomeratsiyi urborural’noho typu yak forma suchas noho svitovoho protsesu urbanizatsiyi: rozvytok ta ekolohichna bezpeka [Urban agglomerations as a form of modern world process of urbanization: development and ecological safety]. Retrieved from http://ecos.kiev.ua/news/view/768 [in Ukrainian].
11. Omel’chuk, V. O. (2010). Rehulyuvannya rynku dostupnoho zhytla v Ukrayini [Regulation of the affordable housing market in Ukraine]. Kiev: TOV Pan Tot, 192 p. [in Ukrainian].
12. World Bank (2015). International Bank for Reconstruction and Development: Ukraine. Urbanization Review, World Bank Report no. ACS15060. Washington, 2015. 218 p. Retrieved from https://city2030.org.ua/ua/document/ukraina-oglad-urbanizacii [in Ukrainian].
13. Ukrayins’ke suspil’stvo: mihratsiynyy vymir [Ukrainian society: migration dimension]: nat. report. Instytut demohrafi yi ta sotsial’nykh doslidzhen’ im. M. V. Ptukhy NAN Ukrayiny. Kyiv, 2018, 396 p. [in Ukrainian].
14. Tsili staloho rozvytku [Sustainable development goals]. Retrieved from https://globalcompact.org.ua/pro-nas/tsili-stijkogo-rozvytku/ [in Ukrainian].
15. Shyshkin, V. S. (2019). Demohrafichni faktory zhytlovykh umov naselennya [Demographic factors of living conditions of the population]. Demohrafi ya ta sotsial’na ekonomika - Demography and social economy, 1 (35), 152-164. https://doi.org/10.15407/dse2019.01.152 [in Ukrainian].
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.