STATISTICAL ASSESSMENT AND INFORMATION SUPPORT FOR ANALYSIS QUALITY OF LIFE OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES IN UKRAINE: PROBLEMS AND MODERN DEVELOPMENT
Keywords:quality of life, objective assessment of quality of life, subjective assessment of qua lity of life, persons with disabilities
The article is devoted to the problems of analyzing the quality of life of people with disabilities in Ukraine. The purpose of the article is to carry out an objective assessment of the quality of life of persons with disabilities, taking into account the existing information support. Proposals are formed for full-fledged surveys of this category of persons in Ukraine, taking into account the subjective assessment. The relevance of the study is due to the lack of sufficient information support in Ukraine, both at the regional and national level. The analysis of persons with disabilities is carried out based on the available database of the State Statistical Service of Ukraine, the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine, State Employment Center and the Fund for Social Protection of the Disabled. The paper analyzes the dynamics of the number and structure of the causes of disability, access to educational services and the level of employment of people with disabilities. The level of provision of persons with disabilities with durable goods that ensure their functioning in society is partially analyzed. The impact factors on the level of employment of people with disabilities are identified. The classical regression method with the help of Statistica software package is used to determine the impact of factors on the level of employment of persons with disabilities. Іt was found that the variation of employment of people with disabilities by 28 % depends on their access to higher education, in particular, the access of people with disabilities to higher education of full cycle of study has a greater impact on the level of employment. The results of the study showed that in Ukraine there is no comprehensive approach to the study of the socioeconomic profile of persons with disabilities, which does not allow the formation of effective social policy. The paper proposes an author’s approach to the subjective assessment of the quality of life of people with disabilities and formulates proposals for assessing all aspects that form the quality of their life.
1. Zaiukov, I. V, & Stakhov, O. I. (2015). Problemy ta perspektyvy zainiatosti invalidiv v Ukraini [Problems and prospects of employment of disabled people in Ukraine]. Bulletin of Berdyansk University of Management and Business. Demography, labor economics, social economy and politics, 1 (29), 127-132 [in Ukrainian].
2. Zablocki, K.-J., & Wozniak, W. (2013). Jakosc zycia osob z niepeinosprawnoscia [The quality of life of people with disabilities]. Lodz Theological Studies, vol. 22, 223-228. Lodz: Publishing House of the Higher Theological Seminary [in Polish].
3. Borowiecki, P. (2016). Jakosc zycia osob z niepeinosprawnosciq i ich rodzin w perspek-tywie zewngtrzneji wewngtrznej - przeglqd wybranych badan [The quality of life of people with disabilities and their families in the external and internal perspective - a review of selected studies.] Disability - issues, problems, solutions, III (20), 81-91. Warsaw: State Fund for the Rehabilitation of the Disabled [in Polish].
4. Firkowska-Mankiewicz, A. (1999). Jakosc zycia osob niepeinosprawnych intelektualnie -prezentacja QOL-Kwestionariusza Jakosci Zycia [The quality of life of people with intellectual disabilities - presentation of the QOL-Quality of Life Questionnaire]. The Art of Treatment, 5 (3), 17-18 [in Polish].
5. Szumski, G., Firkowska-Mankiewicz, А., Lebuda, І., & Karwowski, M. (2018). Predictors of Success and Quality of Life in People with Borderline Intelligence: The Special School Label, Personal and Social Resources. Journal of Applied Research in Intellectual Disabilities, 31 (6), 1021-31. https://doi: 10.1111/jar.12458
6. Flanczewska-Wolny, M. (Ed.). (2007). Jakosc zycia w niepeinosprawnosci. Mity i rzeczywistosc [Quality of life in a disability. Myths and Reality]. Gliwice-Krakow: Impuls Publishing House [in Polish].
7. Palak, Z., Lewicka, А., & Bujnowska, А. (2006). Jakosc zycia a niepeinosprawnosc: konteksty psychopedagogiczne [Quality of life and disability: psycho-pedagogical contexts]. Lublin: Publisher Maria Curie-Sklodowska [in Polish].
8. Stras-Romanowska, M., & Frckowiak, T. (2007). Rola relacji midzyludzkich w budo-waniu jakosci zycia osob niepeinosprawnych (perspektywa personalistyczno-egzysten-cjalna) [The role of interpersonal relations in building the quality of life of people with disabilities (personalistic and existential perspective)]. J. Patkiewicz (Ed.). The role of ties in the development of disabled children and youth, 47-57. Wroclaw: TWK Publishing House [in Polish].
9. Kyrychenko, A. H. (2014). Vyznachennia yakosti zhyttia v osib z obmezhenymy mozhlyvostiamy [Determining the quality of life in people with disabilities]. Social medicine. Is. 14, vol. XIX (1), 135-145 [in Ukrainian].
10. Lekhan, V M., Ipatov, A. V., & Panina, S. S. (2004). Yakist zhyttia khvorykh na khronichni zakhvoriuvannia ta invalidiv: zahalni zakonomirnosti [Quality of life of patients with chronic diseases and the disabled: general patterns.] Bulletin of social hygiene and health care organization of Ukraine, 3, 20-24 [in Ukrainian].
11. Sokolova, L. I., & Hudzenko, H. V. (2009). Doslidzhennia pokaznykiv yakosti zhyttia, poviazanykh zi zdoroviam, u khvorykh na rozsiianyi skleroz [Study of health-related quality of life indicators in patients with multiple sclerosis]. Ukrainian Journal of Neurology, 3, 46-50 [in Ukrainian].
12. Halytskyi, O. M., & Hryshova, R. V. (2019). Svitovyi dosvid realizatsii derzhavnoipolityky pidtrymky osib z invalidnistiu ta yoho vprovadzhennia v Ukraini [World experience in implementing the state policy of support for people with disabilities and its implementation in Ukraine]. Investments: practice and experience, 6, 122-127. https://doi: 10.32702/2306-6814.2019.6.122 [in Ukrainian].
13. Libanova, E. M. (Ed.). (2010). Liudskyi rozvytok v Ukraini: minimizatsiia sotsialnykh ryzykiv (kolektyvna naukovo-analitychna monohrafiia) [Human development in Ukraine: minimization of social risks (collective scientific-analytical monograph). Kyiv: Institute of Demography and Social Research. MV Ptukha of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, State Statistics Committee of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
14. Pro stanovyshche osib z invalidnistiu v Ukraini [On the situation of persons with disabilities in Ukraine] (2013). National report. Retrieved from http:// ipzn.org.ua/category/pub-likatsiyi/ [in Ukrainian].
15. Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Ratified by law from 16.12.2009 No. 1767-VI. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
16. Sotsialnyi zakhyst naselennia Ukrainy [Social protection of the population of Ukraine] (2019). Statistical collection. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http:// www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
17. Natsionalni rakhunky sotsialnoho zakhystu (NRSZ) v Ukraini u 2016 rotsi. Statystychnyi zbirnyk [National Social Protection Accounts (NRSA) in Ukraine in 2016. Statistical Yearbook] (2016). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat. gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
18. Vyshcha osvita v Ukraini. Statystychni zbirnyky [Higher education in Ukraine. Statistical Yearbook]. (2017-2019). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from http://www. ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
19. Law of Ukraine On the basics of social protection of persons with disabilities in Ukraine. from. 02.12.2020 No. 1030 (2020, December, 20). Retrieved from https://zakon. rada.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
20. Fond sotsialnoho zakhystu invalidiv [Fund for Social Protection of the Disabled] (2020). Retrieved from: https://www.ispf.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
21. Informatsiia shchodo sytuatsii na rynku pratsi ta diialnosti derzhavnoi sluzhby zainiatosti [Information on the situation on the labor market and the activities of the state employment service]. (2019). State Employment Center. Retrieved from https://www.dcz.gov.ua/ analitics/67 [in Ukrainian].
22. Baza danykh Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Database of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine] (2020). Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
23. Wojewodzki Urzqd Statystyczny w Lodzi (2017). Jakosc zycia w Polsce w 2015 r.: wyniki badania spojnosci spolecznej. Retrieved from https://stat.gov.pl/obszary-tematyczne/ warunki-zycia/ [in Polish].
How to Cite
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.